BA World DC 2020
ProjectSummit*BusinessAnalystWorld is the largest series of conferences for Project Managers and Business Analysts in North America. These industry leading events feature expert speakers representing every sector, from all reaches of the globe.
From the opening Keynote to the close, ProjectSummit*BAWorld events offer tangible education and non-stop opportunities to learn. You will leave feeling invigorated and motivated, armed with new skills, tools, and techniques that can be immediately applied in your workplace - not to mention an arsenal of new contacts. PS*BAW places great importance on connecting you with others in your community.
801 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22203
If you have ever struggled to define a minimally viable result, then you need a way to not only brainstorm ideas, but also a way to cut the unnecessary waste out. Pass on Perfection is an exercise for discovering and co-creating a solution or product with what is minimally necessary. This simple to use concept has a wide variety of uses, but most importantly for product development efforts, it gives BAs and PMs a means to articulate what is minimally needed.
- Contribute without being emotionally held to idea
- Co-create solutions that give everyone a voice and then co-own removing waste in solutions
- Build trust and psychological safety with positive collaboration
Asking good questions is a key business analyst skill. We ask questions to discover, to clarify, to elaborate or what else? It’s important to hit off with an impactful question and follow-up with powerful questions. We must give respect to the art of conversation. Let’s explore the art of asking questions and then listening in order to ask the next question (not just waiting to respond) or start a new line of questioning. Let the thrill of curiosity lead you to asking your best questions yet.
- Discuss pros and cons of “good” questions for our toolboxes
- Discuss how powerful questions with the importance of listening lead to productive conversations and gather information
- Workshop discussion in small groups to practice the art of the question
Antarctica is a place that truly drives home the need for planning AND, even more so, the ability to respond to change. Julie's trip there helped her appreciate how this Agile Manifesto value is true beyond software development and built up her empathy for team members struggling with dynamic situations!
- Appreciate how “responding to change over following a plan” applies beyond software development
- Explain the benefits gained from being able to adjust to changing circumstances
- Describe the benefits gained from the right amount of planning
Come interactively explore 13 BA techniques for prioritization. We will dive into the strengths and weaknesses of each of these popular techniques and when to use them for backlog management, strategic planning, and user story management. Then we'll go through how to conduct each technique and pick real audience scenarios to workshop and practice.
- Learn why prioritization is important for BAs
- Understand 13 common prioritization techniques
- Learn how to apply these techniques (and when and why)